Welcome to the Armored Brigade WikiEdit
Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability. The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Steel Panthers, Close Combat and Combat Mission.
A commercial version, including drastic gameplay improvements, new features and reworked unit and terrain graphics is being actively developed with scheduled completion during late 2017
Armored Brigade simulates modern combined-arms combat from platoon to regiment/brigade level from a top-down perspective. Players can control individual vehicles, platoons and companies. Infantry is mostly in squad/section-sized units.
Unit morale, experience level and fatigue, command delay, a wide set of weapon and vehicle parameters are all taken in to account to produce realistic combat simulation.
A wide range of orders are available, supplemented by a set of Standard Operation Procedures, such as different rates of fire, engagement ranges and dismount policy. Furthermore, units can be organized in one of nine formations with customizable spacing between individual vehicles.The game features dynamic time of day and variable visibility, wind and ground conditions.
The games are currently single player played against the AI. AI is able to analyse terrain both in offensive and defensive operations, and conduct manoeuvres according to one of predetermined routines - Armored, Mechanized or Infantry with emphasis placed on the corresponding unit type.
- Real-time engine
- Time period: 1965-1991
- Nationalities: US, USSR, West and East Germany, UK, Finland and Poland
- Lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle
- Dynamic AI
- Large maps, based on real terrain. The maximum battle size is about 15x15 kilometers
- Neutral units
- Artillery with several munition types
- Close air support, air defences. Air-to-air engagements are possible
- Fortifications, obstacles and breaching
- Dynamic time of day and variable visibility, wind and ground conditions
- Night vision equipment, smoke generators, illumination flares
- Unit morale, experience level and fatigue, command delay
- External XML database for the armies, units, weapons etc.
- Battle and map generator
- 3D sound engine
- Wider time-frame: 1939-1945
- More nationalities
- Scenarios and editors
- Linux support